Monday, December 30, 2019

Surprise surprise

Well I hadn't expected a major expense at the end of the year, but one occurred anyway. I had to replace a clothes dryer that was damaging clothes. Living in a small town this can be a problem. I knew I didn't want to get a dryer from Albuquerque because it would have cost me over two hundred dollars to get it delivered. I knew there was one store in Grants who offered appliances, Nancy's Appliance. After exercising this morning I stopped by but it wasn't opened. This can't be, I thought.

After arriving home I called the phone number, which kept ringing busy. Assuming someone was actually there I continued to call. Finally reaching the owner, I was told she had been having trouble with her phone. I also discovered she had one dryer left and the price was compatible with Albuquerque. I told her not to give it to anyone and I would be there in a few minutes to pay for it.

When I got ready to pull out my credit card I was told her machine was tied to her phone and I couldn't use it. My only option was to write a check. Even though I hadn't planned to write such a large check today I am grateful that I could. I am also grateful that I chose to shop locally, because it saved me a lot of money. It also only cost me $20 to have the old one carted away to the dump. I am now waiting for my new purchase to be delivered.


No comments:

Post a Comment