Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas Eve

The house is all quiet, not even a mouse. The tree is up and decorated. My snowman collection are spaced all around. A few gifts sit under the tree to be shared with my son and me, oh and Ebony, Smokey and Ejay. I am praying my youngest grandson will break his ten month silence and come to see what I have for him. I have made a special desert I found on Facebook called Cherry Trifle. It was actually fun to make and it looks as if it will be the hit of our dinner. In a couple of hours I will start beef stew, which might be a little nontraditional, but it sounded good. The trifle will also pass for a birthday cake for my son, who will be 59 tomorrow. Where does the time go?

It will be a quiet Christmas again this year, but there isn't anything I can do about that. I have decided to let everyone else live their own lives and use the approaching new decade to focus on myself. I remember the message a massage therapist gave me several years ago and I should have listened. She said, "You do not have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders." Perhaps I have been doing that my entire life. 2020 is the time to take a new direction and see where it leads.

On this Christmas Eve 2019 I wish all my readers the happiest experience possible!



Image result for christmas eve images

No comments:

Post a Comment