Monday, December 9, 2019

How much does a smile cost?

I came up with what I thought was a really great idea this morning. I was going to go to the dollar store and buy boxed Christmas cards, sign them Secret Santa and take them to our local nursing home. I checked and they have 65 residents. I figured three boxes would do it. I imagined the smiles it might bring to the residents. I am sure there are many who have no visitors.

So I began checking the dollar stores we have in Grants,NM Would you believe there isn't one that carries boxed cards?! Determined, I checked out online sources and ended up being discouraged because it would have cost more then I thought I could afford.

Still determined, I again used Google this afternoon. I checked Walmart and found cards that were $9.95 for boxes of 40. Although it was more than I expected to pay I ordered two boxes, which will be delivered to my store Friday, with no shipping charge. Yay!

It gives me plenty of time to sign the cards, Secret Santa, and deliver them to Good Samaritan Center in time for Christmas. I hope it makes some of the residents happy, if only for a moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment