Sunday, December 1, 2019

Happy almost birthday

In one more day I will be 82 years old. Remembering back when I was 5 or 6 and, according to at least one nurse in the hospital, I was not expected to live, my response is- fooled you!!

So far I have outlived most of my family, including my parents, brother and two ex-husbands. I have also survived raising three children, who have produced four grandchildren and three great grandchildren.

I have written and published two hard cover books, three E-books and created two newspaper columns. I have spent the last twenty years of my life focusing on inspiring others to be the best that they can be.

My life reminds me of the young boy, reaching the end of his life, asking Oprah Winfrey, "Have I done enough?"

If I were to answer that question my answer would be, "No, not yet."

I haven't read the book of my life so I have no idea how the story ends, but I am sticking around for the final chapter.




2 comments: