Saturday, July 8, 2017

Writer's block

Writing about a writer's block is better than not writing at all.~Charles Bukowski

The scariest moment is always just before you start.~Stephen King

It's perfectly okay to write garbage as long as you edit brilliantly.~C.J.Cherrh

When I'm writing I write. And it's as if the muse is convinced that I'm serious and says, "Okay okay I'll come."~Maya Angelou


Those are the words of other writers. I'm not sure what my excuse is. Some days I realize I have been on a soap box and am not sure how to get off. I know I know, just step down. Easy for you to say, but I am writing about my real life in these posts and that's not as easy as you might think. I try to come up with fresh thoughts, but the old ones keep coming back. I used to have a muse that would help me out. I think he got bored and found a better job or else he decided that I didn't need him anymore. Either way I seem to have been left on my own.

I once had a friend who would write and write and never really say anything or he would promise to continue and never did. I don't make promises I have no intention of keeping. There are too many people around like that.

Perhaps my mind is just too busy worrying about things that probably will never happen. I'm really good at that!

Then there is the problem of so much negative energy around. I sometimes find it difficult to put a positive spin on things. I back off waiting for the energy to improve. Waiting never works either. What is going to happen is going to happen and I just have to learn to accept it.

Well those are my excuses and as I read over them I see they aren't very good, but they did fill up my current post, so they can't be all bad.

Have a nice day and I will catch you later- I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment