Sunday, July 23, 2017

Where there is a will...

Perhaps I should have been an investigative reporter or was in a previous life.

Due to some poking around online and asking the right questions I finally discovered when and where the people listed as my parents on my birth certificate were married. That would be May 5, 1937, in Ketchikan, Alaska. That also would be 7 months before I was born, full term according to the doctor who delivered me. He/she should know- right?

Odd thing about that information is that my mother used the last name of her stepfather (who never adopted her) at both events. Oh what a tangled web we weave etc.etc.

Legally I suppose since those two people were married, no matter by what name they went by, that does make them my parents. I will still have to wait for the DNA results to see if both are my biological parents. My intuition is screaming that only applies to one of them. Of course, I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment