Thursday, June 8, 2017

Patience

For the last few weeks I have been doing everything possible to improve my current physical challenges. I refuse to allow my body to be taken over by age. Although regular exercises and changes in diet have made an improvement I am getting impatient to see the results I expect.

Patience is a skill I have had a problem with my entire life. It is no doubt a side effect of wanting to control things. I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with acquiring this skill. Today I decided I would research the word patience and see what others had to say on the subject.

Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. 

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

Sometimes things are not clear right away. That's where you need to be patient and see where things lead.

The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.

Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting, that is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow- that is patience.

Patience can't be acquired overnight. It is just like building a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.

It takes patience to listen...It takes skill to pretend you are actually listening.

It has been said good things come to those who wait. All I have to say is whatever is coming had better be freaking fantastic!  

It appears that I am not the only one after all. I guess I will just have to keep plugging along and hope patience will eventually catch up to me.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent quotes, Barbara! I particularly like the egg one... what a visual that one inspired!

    A couple of my faves to add to your awesome list:

    - Patience is what you have when there are too many witnesses.

    - I am currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.

    Thanks for the reminder that there are many of us who find it challenging to have patience, especially with physical issues. I'm right in there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your currently under construction too Lois- we all are!

    ReplyDelete