Sunday, May 8, 2016

The journey of motherhood

Today is the day set aside to honor mothers. If it weren't for our mothers none of us would be here. Babies do not come with a set of instructions. It's pretty much play it by ear. The relationship is not always great and sometimes children grow up blaming their mothers for everything that is wrong in their life. You have to blame someone I guess and when you aren't strong enough to take on the responsibility yourself, your mother is your best shot.

My motherhood journey began on Christmas day, 1960 in Seattle, Washington and went on to add a second son on February 20, 1966 in the same State. Moving on to New Mexico, the last of my brood was added on August 31, 1979 with the birth of a daughter. Those children have continued their own journey, adding four grandchildren and two great grandchildren. All because I became a mother in 1960.



 
Whether they appreciate the fact that if it were not for me they wouldn't be here is not important. It only matters that I appreciate the fact that if it were not for them I wouldn't be a mother.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment