Thursday, August 22, 2013

Take another look

Sometimes it is necessary to eliminate all possible causes for a problem before settling on the best course of action. It is easy to put the blame on the probable cause that sticks out like a sore thumb. My current blog problem is a good example. I just assumed It was the blog site. Wrong! Out of curiosity I opened the blog with a different browser than the one I had always used and guess what? I came on just the way it is supposed to with no unwanted ads from a still mysterious source. I feel as if I should apologize to blogspot for making a wrong assumption. Checking further, I ran a malware byte scan, which came up with four viruses. So much for being told I have a secure virus program. There probably is no such thing for a 2005 PC. I still have no clue why accessing the blog site using Firefox is giving me unwanted advertising, blocking what I am trying to offer, but as the saying goes, "where there is a will there is a way". For now I will just use Internet Explorer and see what happens. So there! A friend just posted a Facebook quote by Douglas Adams that fits this situation perfectly: "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be". Apparently when you care enough to take another look things will tend to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment