Saturday, December 22, 2012

I'm moving Christmas

This year Christmas at my house is going to be celebrated on Sunday December 23rd. I don't see that it matters as Jesus wasn't even born on December 25th.

I will have a full house no matter what the rest of my wonderful family decides to do. My oldest son and his dog Leia will be coming in from Colorado. I also invited my youngest grandson and his grandfather, my ex-husband, to join in the feast of green chili stew, fruit salad and apple pie a la mode. The other guests, although not eating at the table, are my two cats and my newly rescued puppy, Ejay.

This will be the first time my son has been home since he spent his year in Kuwait. I am sure there will be some interesting experiences shared.

 It is my intention to allow my grandson to open his gift from me tonight. It is the only way I will be able to see his reaction and it will keep my gift separate from everything else he will get on Tuesday. The adults will have the choice of opening their gifts tonight or waiting for the official day. There is one that will not be opened tonight and that is my son's birthday gift. He is going to have to wait until December 25th, his official day of birth.

Unlike the birth of Jesus I know for sure when my son was born because I was there!


No comments:

Post a Comment