Monday, December 10, 2012

He can stay

This morning I changed my mind about Ejay the shelter pup I have had since Saturday. I decided the good out ways the bad and he can stay.

The day has been a "D" day for Ejay. At 11:00 a.m. I checked in with the shelter to let them know my decision. My next stop was City Hall where I paid for him, which made him legally mine. I do feel sorry for his previous owner because he is a pretty cool dog. He was at the shelter for 3 weeks and nobody came to claim him.

After paying his fee my next stop was the local veterinary office, where he really became legal and was given his very own rabies tag. I also found out Ejay is about 9-10 months old and is a Poodle/Maltese mix. He will return to be neutered after Christmas.

Since the doctor suggested he badly needed grooming our next stop was the groomers. When I get him back he will not look like the same dog. All of his matted fur will be gone. After I dropped him off I stopped by Walmart to see if I could find appropriate food, since he has hardly touched what I originally purchased. This time I picked one that was better suited for puppies and since he has had a rather stressful day also added a box of milk bones.

I have done my part to make sure his stay is going to be a good one. The rest is up to him. 
The new Ejay enjoying a doggie treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment