Thursday, May 11, 2023

Who is to blame?

After checking on my online checking account I noticed that I was being charged $44 more for my car insurance. At first it made me mad. It even made me madder when I discovered I hadn't been sent a new card. I literally had no way of proving I had insurance if I was stopped. I tried to access my online car insurance with no luck. They wouldn't accept my password. The only option I had was to call the company.

Since I needed to go to the grocery store I decided to do that first. The first person I saw a I entered the parking lot was of course, police. I made really sure I didn't do anything wrong, as I knew I didn't have proof of insurance, even though I knew I did.

As soon as I got back home I made the call to the insurance company. I did find out that the reason for the hike was due to an accident I had last November. It was my fault. It takes six years for it to get off your record. That answers that question. Since the car is a 2004 I only have liability on it, so it can't get much lower. It doesn't matter how few miles I drive it. 

The increase is actually my fault but, there is still no excuse for them not informing me of the premium increase or for not providing a current insurance card.

No comments:

Post a Comment