Monday, May 15, 2023

A good question

A question came through on Facebook today that I didn't hesitate to answer. It was, "How would you change your wedding?" Without thinking my answer was, "Not show up!"

I was actually thinking about my second wedding, but it applies to both. The first happened 6 weeks after we met, bowling I think. I found out he was a womanizing jackass, but I married him anyway. I stuck it out for 13 years and had two children.I finally said enough!

My second wedding took place about 6 months after we began dating. He was Catholic, I wasn't. He was also an alcoholic, I wasn't. The one thing I asked of him was don't drink before the ceremony. As the Priest said, "You may kiss the bride." I turned towards him and smelled booze. I stuck it our for 27 years and had one child.

I suppose if I had not shown up I would not have children, grandchildren or great grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment