Saturday, May 13, 2023

Remembering the past

I remember the last day I saw my mother alive, well sort of. She was in a coma and the nurse said, "Tell her you love her, she can hear you." I did nothing. I felt she was already gone. My grandfather wanted them to remove the tubes, but they didn't. She apparently didn't have a living will. It was the last time I saw her as I needed to take care of her belongings and apartment.

It has been 36 years since that event. Today two of my three children and four grandchildren do not speak to me. I am wondering if it is karma? Is it something I deserve? I distinctly remember all the times I gave to them and put them first in my life. If they don't remember, I do.

Happy Mother's Day to my daughter and granddaughter. I hope they have a better day remembering the past.

Just for fun, a last picture of my mother and her mother. Also my daughter and granddaughter


 



No comments:

Post a Comment