Wednesday, December 30, 2020

What do you see?

 About 20 years ago while enjoying dinner at a local restaurant, some people came in selling various items. I usually just ignored people like that, but something about them got my attention.It was not unusual for a group of native Americans to try to sell their wares to customers dinning, but these were not Indians. Perhaps that's why I paid attention. I ended up buying a work or art created by western artist, Bill O'Neill. I later discovered the piece was signed on a rock in the picture.

The picture was created using a quill pen and india ink. The used connects thousands of dots and is called pointillism. O'Neill's original art pieces are valued at $100,000 or more. This picture is based on the life of the famous mountain man, Jeremiah Johnson. I have no idea why I purchased this piece of art, but I am happy that I did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment