Saturday, December 19, 2020

An interesting question

Yesterday while waiting to find out why the check engine light keeps coming on in my car, my mechanic asked me, "Are you ready for Christmas?" I said, "It's just my son and me so I guess so.The rest of my family, with the exception of my oldest grandson, no longer speak to me.

I was actually asking myself what is there to get ready for this year?

Will the pandemic be over, will the stores and restaurants be open, will I get a ton of Christmas cards in the mail, will my family remember that I am still alive? No, none of these things are likely to happen. 

To make up for a big NO, I have used the last few weeks to do little things for others. It has actually been fun. Not having a lot of money, it was a challenge to figure out what I could do to brighten the life of another. I think I did a pretty good job.

Last night as I looked out my front window I saw a beautiful sight in the sky. I hurried to get my camera before the image was no longer visible. Along with a fantastic sunset I saw a bright cross in the lower part of the scene. As the day has gone on I know I am supposed to share it with others. This is what I saw.



No comments:

Post a Comment