Monday, December 21, 2020

Connections

This has been a very unusual year to say the least! I think part of the lessons/experiences it has offered is an opportunity to connect with the past.

Last June, after he graduated from high school, my youngest grandson made a trip to New York State. Why you may ask? He chose to connect with his biological father and four half brothers, whom he had never met. He had not seen his father since he was a baby. My opinion is that his father abandoned him, leaving his mother the job of raising him. I was a bit anxious about his trip because the pandemic was roaring in New York and he has asthma. He came home safe and sound, gaining new family members. He always wanted siblings!

Over the weekend I received a message from someone claiming that she just found out that I am her aunt. I tried to figure out just how that could be. I knew I had a nephew, but a niece, no way! After emailing back and forth we finally figured out that my younger brother had a daughter that he knew nothing about. He is now deceased. Apparently a lie was told that was never corrected over 58 years. 

During the year I have also connected with a couple of cousins I didn't know I had, with the help of Ancestry.com. One was given up for adoption as a baby and was looking for his biological family. I was able to help him find the name of his biological father, who unfortunately was now deceased. 

These relationships were corrected during the year 2020. I don't think that was an accident! What happens from now on is up to those involved. As the last few days of 2020 approach I wonder what else is in store for the members of my earth family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment