Saturday, August 22, 2020

Choices

I have been careful during the last five months because according to statistics my age puts me at risk for the virus. I was hesitant when I chose to go back to my chiropractor, but I needed to resume the treatment plan I had left behind. I was happy to see that precautions, set up by the Governor, were being followed.

Since my last adjustment I have been having a serious problem with my sciatic nerve. I knew I had an appointment on the 24th, but I called last week to see if I could get in sooner. I discovered that the office was closed all week. Yesterday the receptionist called to remind me of my appointment. I was told the office had been closed because the chiropractor went to Florida to see her mother.

It is mandatory that anyone coming into New Mexico from another state quarantines for 14 days. She apparently doesn't think that applies to her because she is a "doctor". I am pretty sure medical doctors are exempt if they are traveling for professional reasons. In this case she isn't and wasn't!

So now I have to decide if I am going to keep my appointment on the morning following her arrival  back in New Mexico or deal with the pain that won't go away. I don't think I have much choice since she is the only chiropractor in town.

I hope I have made the right choice. I have a feeling someone is going to report her choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment