Sunday, August 2, 2020

Attitude counts

Until about twenty years ago I lived my life as a "back up person". I mentally supported two now deceased ex-husbands and three children. In 1997 my last child graduated from high school and in 1999 my second divorce took place. I was finally free to figure out who I wanted to be. It took several years to make the plunge into an area I really knew nothing about.

I began writing this blog in November 2009. Until that day I didn't even know what a blog was. It reminded me of an experience I had in 2000. A couple of friends decided that I was the perfect person to be the new Resource Development Coordinator at our local Good Samaritan Center. I had never heard of the job, but interviewed and that's what I became. I plunged right in as if I knew exactly what I was doing. The same thing happened when I was asked to write a column for the then, Cibola County Beacon. Twenty years ago I had no clue that I was a writer. Apparently I was because I am still writing.

This morning I was listening to friends talking about the movie,"Forrest Gump". They concluded that even though people thought he was a looser, he became a success at whatever he chose to do, because impossibility never occurred to him.

After all these years of wondering if anyone actually appreciated the fact that I was no longer a "back up person" I received an unsolicited compliment from a friend that I didn't even know noticed what I was doing. This is what she had to say. "You are a thoughtful creative writer who likes to throw out ideas to get people to think. I enjoy your posts. They bring up ideas that are unique and thought provoking. Keep it up!"


No comments:

Post a Comment