Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A second opinion is good

On June 18th I made an appointment with my primary care person to look at a small wound on my lower left leg. It had been there far too long and I wasn't sure what it was. It only measured 1/2 inch in diameter so it wasn't very big. As the result of that appointment I was told it was a scrape of some kind and was just taking time healing.

Two weeks went by and I had my yearly appointment with my dermatologist. Her opinion of the wound was quite different. She thought it was cancer and did a biopsy of the wound. She also said if it was cancer it was in the early stage and she will probably just need to scrape it. I am not worried as I have had this procedure done before on another area of my body.

I am very grateful that I followed my intuition and made that yearly appointment. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the biopsy results.

No comments:

Post a Comment