Tuesday, June 25, 2019

How much do I owe?

Did you ever try to pay a bill and the powers that be won't let you? This is getting to be a rather funny experience in my life.

To make things clear I have Medicare plus a supplement. Between them It usually takes care of all my medical bills except prescriptions. I know at the beginning of each year I need to pay the Medicare deduction, which I have not done yet this year.

I have been to my primary facility a couple of times since January but was told they do not pay a deductible. Okay I get that, but don't I owe something on the bill like $30 per visit. I was told the supplement paid that. I found that odd since they aren't supposed to pay anything toward the bill until the deductible has been met. Strange, they did pay the $30 per visit and I owe nothing.

Last week I had a podiatrist appointment and again said I haven't paid the Medicare deductible yet. Their answer was, "We don't do the billing. You owe nothing today." This morning I called their billing office and was told I owe 0. They have to send the bill, whatever that is, to Medicare and wait for it to be rejected. Seriously! I just want to find out what I owe.

I have an appointment with my Dermatologist next week and no doubt will be going through the same thing! I know I owe $185 to someone, if I could find out who that is! I have never had so much trouble paying a bill before.

No comments:

Post a Comment