Sunday, June 9, 2019

Memories

Odd isn't it how memories can come back just when we need them? As souls our memories far exceed what has happened in this lifetime. Sometimes we know what we know and we don't really know how we know it.

As Father's Day approaches I can't help but remember an event from a previous life, involving my then father and myself. I know who that person is in this life, but he either cannot or will not remember who he was. That fact causes me a great deal of pain and yes, sometimes anger.

The story of that relationship began when my mother died giving birth to me. My father was not able to deal with the pain of the death and he and I moved to a mountainous area, away from everything that reminded him of our previous life. I am not sure, but I have a strong feeling it could have been somewhere in Alaska. I have been told I have lived there during more than one lifetime.

As I grew older my father depended on me more and more to take care of household chores. As the result I grew up much sooner than I should have. I accepted responsibilities that should never have been mine. Today I can see that the trait is something I am still dealing with in this life.

Back to the story. One day we heard a terrible noise outside of our small cabin and as my father opened the door to investigate, he was consumed by an avalanche, roaring down the mountain. The last thing I remember is being face down on the cabin floor and praying as snow and ice buried me alive.

Happy Father's Day dad, perhaps someday you too will remember.




No comments:

Post a Comment