Saturday, September 15, 2018

Warning

As I was reading a book last night I came across a line that not only made me laugh, but made me think of my own past decisions. In describing a failed marriage the line was "destined for disaster".

Yup that's me! Not once, but twice.

I knew before the ceremony even got close to the "I now pronounce you man and wife" what was no doubt going to happen. Why in God's name did I do it anyway?

Lately I have run into several friends who were married for years and now are not. I wonder if they had similar thoughts on their wedding days, and if they did why did they do it?

I suppose sometimes it is fear. Fear of not finding something better, fear of what people would say if you just walked down the aisle and out the door. Fear is a terrible reason to do anything!

Refusal to admit that we made a mistake is a big reason. We never seem to pay attention to the signs that the universe puts up right in front of our eyes. I know someone whose car conked out a block before she got to the place of the ceremony. She walked the rest of the way and the marriage lasted less than a year.

I suppose that's life and is just part of the journey to evolving.


No comments:

Post a Comment