Saturday, September 8, 2018

A gift of encouragement

For my grandson's 17th birthday today I gave him a gift to encourage his natural creative talents. Someone once said he is a natural born athlete, which may be true. I look beyond the obvious and try to find his other talents. I believe he is also a natural born artist and will someday prove that to the world.

The following is a finger painting he did when he was about two years old. To me it looks like an abstract turkey, but that's just my opinion. What do you think?


For Christmas last year I gave him a selection of new paints that were on the market and he used them to paint me two rather unique pictures. The first is my favorite because it displays his natural creative ability. When I asked him to sign it he wrote "Leo". I said that's not your name and he replied, "That's what my skater friends call me". Perhaps that will be his name when he becomes famous!






The second picture he painted for me was also a mountain. When I asked him what was inside the tunnel he said, "I don't know". It made me laugh.





For his birthday I gave him everything he needed to try out alcohol painting. I asked for a picture to be added to my current collection of his art work. Perhaps someday my gifts will hang in a gallery.

2 comments:

  1. What better gift to give than the gift of possibilities.
    The first I see a mountain watching and playfuly challenging us. "What are you going to do? Let me stop you? Come on, you've got this. Come be and explore."
    The second is in answer to the first. (Or maybe a co tinueation of). "You know the way. The path appears so the journey can begin."
    And the finger paint I see a beautiful purple rose surrounded by bright, bold supportive colors.
    All are beautiful.
    Your live for your grandson is palpable through your words. 💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Nina. It's funny that in the finger painting picture I saw a white kitten in the top. I have had that picture hanging on my wall for years and never saw it before.

    ReplyDelete