Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The dream

I don't often remember dreams, but one I had early this morning remained clear in my memory long after I woke up. Since then I have been trying to decide what it meant.

I clearly saw myself coming home to find that I had been evicted. It was a little odd as I own my home and haven't lived in an apartment for many years. I have never been evicted but I did experience Welfare for a brief time after my divorce from my first husband of 13 years who was a first class womanizer. Being responsible for two children on a low paying job I had no choice. Thank God that part of my life passed.

Anyway, back to the dream. I am aware that dreams are usually meant to send us a message from another place. At first I interpreted this one as negative, but I believe I was wrong. Perhaps it was encouraging me to continue on my current path to remove "dead" things from my life and move on to a better place.

Six months ago my house looked much different than it does today. Most of the floor coverings have been replaced, there is a new oven and cook top in my kitchen and a 30 year old malfunctioning septic tank leach line has been replaced. That last project did leave my back yard rather bare except for three trees that were saved. Perhaps it's time to start over.

There are still a few miscellaneous projects to do like replacing an original toilet with a low flow one to save water, but for the most part I seem to be on the right track. Maybe the dream was simply an encouragement to keep going on my current path. It is a long way from where I was in1972 when I decided I wanted to get rid of the BS that was messing up my life.

The best part is that I am debt free and I love the way my house looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment