Saturday, February 17, 2018

Doing good

Due to renovations etc.this has been the most expensive month since my divorce 19 years ago and I survived! As I look around I ask myself, "did you do that?" Well yes I did, and I am proud of myself for not having to go into debt.

This month also offered an opportunity to give my older grandchildren and youngest child items from the past. I decided I didn't want to wait until I am dead and have relatives fight over things. My daughter received a beautiful glass necklace that had belonged to her paternal grandmother. There was no doubt in my mind that I was supposed to give it to her. My granddaughters received jewelry that I believe belonged to my maternal grandmother. My oldest grandson received an ivory letter opener featuring an etching by his great great great uncle. I wanted them to have something from my side of the family.

Not one of the previously mentioned souls had the decency to even acknowledge what they had received.

On the other hand out of all the Valentine cards I sent this year my youngest grandson was the only one who said, "thank you grandma I loved it!"

Thank you Colin you did good!


No comments:

Post a Comment