Monday, March 5, 2018

What's new?

I see it has been almost a week since I wrote a new post. I haven't been just sitting around doing nothing. It was time to regroup and work on updating my life.

First I did follow through with the therapy my PA has been pushing me to do.I need to adopt new tools to deal with the lingering anxiety tendency that has been interfering with my life for years. I had my first session last week. The therapist is young but seems to be knowledgeable. She may present some strategies I had not yet tried. 

I also joined an online group called For Parents Estranged from Adult Children (When the Talking Stops).  I love this group and wish I had found it much earlier. It simply gives parents a place to share their stories on a non judgemental stage. It also offers wonderful articles on a variety of subjects to help ease the pain of loss. It is nice to know I am not alone. I see I have been looking at things from the wrong direction. The group has also given me several new Facebook friends to mix with my old ones. It's always nice to add new friends!

Congestion had been a problem for awhile so I cut down on exercising regularly. I am now back to three times a week at our family center. I feel much better. This move also gave me a couple of new friends, one of whom shares some personal concerns that I have. This may lead to a very good partnership that could help us both move on in peace.

That's pretty much what I have been doing for the last week since I stopped posting. I haven't stopped writing but now I also offer my "wisdom" in the new group, which has been getting positive responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment