Thursday, May 18, 2017

The healing continues

My son had a followup appointment for his finger wound this morning and has been released to go back to work. The stitches come out next Tuesday. ( See previous post if confused.) Because he is a case manager in a prison he has been cautious. He said anything one could expect to find germ wise can be found in a prison. Even though he doesn't need to keep it wrapped anymore he will still use a finger cover while at work.

My unexpected gout attack has decided to leave me alone. Although very painful it lasted for a little less than a week with medication. (Also see previous post if confused.) I still have no idea what caused it. I don't drink alcohol and the list of foods that are known to cause it don't really fit. It may not ever happen again and I am refusing to take medication for the rest of my life until I have more information. A blood test does show a high level of uric acid, but not over the normal level.

Tuesday I went back to physical therapy for my shoulder (rotator cuff problem), which is getting better. I had to cancel one session because my foot was so swollen I couldn't stand to do the exercises, although I did what I could at home. I didn't want to start all over again when I went back to therapy. No more excuses! 

The healing continues and as my friend Lois always says- onward and upward! I may need to change that to "moving on"!

No comments:

Post a Comment