Thursday, May 18, 2017

Prayers

Reading a friend's blog post about an encounter with a person who asked to pray for her reminded me of an experience in my own life. Oddly it happened in 2011, right before I met the person for the first time who wrote the blog post I just read.

Everything is connected- believe it!

My story:
In the fall of 2011 I was kidnapped by Cibola General Hospital for two weeks following unexpected surgery for a blocked bowel. The nursing staff kept assuring me my doctor would let me go home any day. Right!! Apparently he didn't get the message.

I had a special male nurse named Teddy. He made me laugh when he said he was my very own Teddy. That was a detour, now on with my story. He often relayed tidbits that I probably wasn't supposed to know.
One night Teddy gave me some information from my doctor's notes. He told me if my body didn't start behaving I was going to have to have followup surgery. NO!!!!!

The next day I heard voices in the hall and noticed a woman who was a cousin of my ex-husband. She and a friend were making hospital calls, praying for the patients. I'm not going to say I have never prayed, but not on a regular schedule. Anyway they came into my room and asked if I wanted to pray with them. I shared that I might have to have a second surgery and replied, "You can pray FOR me if you want to."

I'm not sure if it worked or not but the next day my body decided to start behaving and the second surgery was not necessary. It is also the day I met the woman whose blog I just read. She was on a trip to visit someone and decided to stop by the hospital and check on me. We are Facebook friends and have been friends ever since. You might know her as Lois. She often comments on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love serendipities, Barbara! That meet=up in your hospital room is one of the fun ones I remember - I think I brought you some bias tape for the little dresses you were making at the time and I had read on your FB page that you were having difficulties finding it in the little town where you live. I'd forgotten all about that part of the serendipity! I remember wondering if I would be able to find you but thank goodness, your town is so small it only has one tiny hospital and there you were!

    Ain't life grand?!

    Big hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still hard for me to believe that someone who didn't even know me would do something so special. Yes the bias tape was for the Little Dresses for Africa I was making.I am grateful that we have continued to keep in touch my friend!

      Delete