Sunday, October 23, 2016

Patience

It may not kill you, but patience is not the easiest trait to master. I have been struggling with a desire to know the outcome of a situation and my guide has made it abundantly clear that I am supposed to have patience. Easy for him/her to say, but not so easy for me to follow. One could probably say that comes from my former life as a control freak.

Looking at the word patience and needing a current post I decided to check out some quotes on the subject. Since sharing is my thing I am about to do just that. Feel free to enjoy the following.

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world. ~Helen Keller

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears. ~Barbara Johnson

Before you can consider a problem water under the bridge you must first patiently work on removing the dam. ~Michele Ustafzeski

Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is timing. It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and for the right way. ~ Fulton J. Sheen

I am extraordinarily patient, providing I get my way in the end. ~Margaret Thatcher

and one I'm sure you weren't expecting...

Everybody is going to be dead one day, just give them time. ~Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment