Saturday, May 30, 2015

The journey goes on

Two days later Mike arrived at my house as promised. I had moved the dinning room table out of the way and had a step stool ready for the fan surgery.

He knew exactly what he was doing and completed the job in less than a half hour. After taking the fan apart all it required to re-attach it was four longer screws to reach the board inside the ceiling. We have power!

I asked how much I owed him. He said, "I know you live on a fixed income so how about $10?"

I replied, "Well I was thinking of giving you at least $20", as I handed it to him.

He smiled and said, "Thank you for giving me a chance."

That's the kind of repairman I like to deal with!

As an added bonus, while the fan was in parts, I had a chance to clean out its guts, giving spring cleaning a new meaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment