Thursday, May 7, 2015

Finding a match

In my last post I shared the fact that over the last few years I have spent a bundle of money on treatments for pain that really didn't work. I always gave the person in charge my complete faith that what she/he was doing would do the job and I would eventually be pain free. I look at this long list of attempts and think- what the hell! Was it me or did I simply not have the right match?

I recently found a team of people that I hope will be working together to accomplish the goal of autonomy.

My new primary care person is a Physician Assistant, I just added a Physical Therapist and in the wings I have a Reiki Master prepared to help out when needed. Not one of these people tell me what to do. They all discuss options and allow me to decide how I want to proceed. To put it in a nut shell they treat me like I am an intelligent being instead of a name or a number on a chart.

In the past I have tended to hold off agreeing to tests and x-rays due to a lack of money. I have decided to change my approach. If I am supposed to have something done that will assist in my recovery than the universe can damn well come up with a way to pay for it. I am no longer willing to spend the rest of my life in pain.

I have paid my dues and I am looking forward to a better future with my new match.

No comments:

Post a Comment