Monday, July 12, 2010

Walking the Path to Change

Whether from minute to minute or year to year everything changes. I don't believe anything was meant to be permanent. A few days ago I heard a very powerful quote by Tracy Chapman, "All you have is your soul." It started me thinking about how true that is. Our soul IS the only thing that is uniquely ours from the moment of our creation throughout eternity. It is our very own pristine connection with Source.

All else is much like a movie that we star in. Our relationships and possessions are simply passing experiences to help evolve our soul. As humans we get caught up in the script and forget the purpose- the big picture. I love the Biblical statement, "This too shall pass". It is difficult too remember it in times of stress, when everything in our "world" seems to be crumbling before our eyes.

Another powerful quote that recently came to my attention is a Buddhist saying, "Look at your feet." I have been doing that a lot since I heard it. Although I am very grateful for all that I have there are times when I wish for more. At those times I look down at my feet and realize that they are exactly where they are supposed to be at this moment in my life. They are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing, walking the path to change.

Change
By changing your thinking, you change your beliefs;
When you change your beliefs, you change your expectations;
When you change your expectations, you change your attitude;
When you change your attitude, you change your behavior;
When you change your behavior, you change your performance;
When you change your performance, you change your life.
~Anonymous~

No comments:

Post a Comment