Monday, July 19, 2010

Change of Plans

Last week one of my facebook friends posted this quote: Plan B is giving permission for plan A to fail. I have been thinking about it ever since. It could have been written about my life. I always have a plan B, believing it is good to have a back up if things don't turn out the way I expect them to. Now I see it is a giant mirror reflecting the fact that I don't really think I am worthy of having my desires met. I am willing to settle for second best.

I thought about the numerous times I have asked for something, but in the back of my mind added a P.S. "If I can't have that then this will do." No wonder I am still waiting for things to happen. The universe/God is waiting for me to forget about plan B and realize that I am worthy of the best.

Learning to believe in myself has been a long process. There have been many road blocks along the path. Just the other day I told my chiropractor that maybe I should place a post-it note on my forehead, visible when I look in my mirror, that says "ME FIRST!". She laughed and agreed. I have a habit of waiting too long to make a needed appointment, thus causing a painful problem to last longer than it should.

So from this day forward I vow to remember the quote: Plan B is giving permission for plan A to fail.

P.S. Thanks Brenda!

No comments:

Post a Comment