Monday, March 6, 2023

Quarters from heaven

I had an interesting experience yesterday with our local water machine. I tried to insert a quarter and it got stuck. While trying to remove it a man came up and tried to help me. He used his car key to remove the quarter and found that more were stuck in the slot. He kept trying to remove them and more kept popping up, which he handed to me. All I wanted was two gallons of water. After awhile another man stopped by, noticing our problem. He handed the first man some kind of knife to help in his effort. We finally just gave up and put our empty containers in our cars. After counting the coins the man had handed me I noticed I had a dollar more than I started with.The man was in his car before I could properly thank him.

No comments:

Post a Comment