Tuesday, April 6, 2021

The day has come

Today was the day for my second COVID shot.I didn't even have to wait this time. I went right in, filled out the paperwork and a few minutes later the shot was injected. While I was there I asked the nurse if the bruises I had been getting on my arm could be the result of the shots. She said no and I probably should get them looked at. So while I was in the building I asked if I could see my PA. Yup, I was in his office a few minutes later.

The first thing he did was give me a hug for getting my second shot. He knew from a previous phone call that I wasn't too happy about it. I finally decided to do it.

He didn't think the bruising on my arms was anything to worry about but, decided to send me to the hospital for a blood test that they didn't have the equipment to do.

So off to the hospital, right across the street I went. Getting into the building was a strange experience. The only way to enter was through the emergency room door. I was met by a uniformed man who did a little more paper work and then sent me to the lab for the blood work. Then I had to wait for the registration clerk to do her thing. Excuse me, but that took longer than filling out the paperwork to get my shot.

Finally I was waved to a window across the hall, where a lab technician filled out some more paper work.I was wondering if they were gathering fire wood!

At last I was ushered into a tiny room where I donated several samples of blood. I was then sent on my way, out what used to be the front door of the hospital.

All morning my left knee was hurting, making it difficult to walk. Not sure what is going on with that, but suspect it is being caused by my spinal stenosis. Oh well, that's what happens at my age. I am expecting tomorrow to be a better day, with no reaction to the shot and needle prick I had this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment