Sunday, April 18, 2021

Family

Something came through on Facebook this morning that got my attention. It was a quote by Osho, an Indian guru. "There is no greater ecstasy than to know who you are." It got me thinking about people who were given up for adoption as babies and now want to know who their parents were. There are also rare instances of babies given to the wrong mothers in hospitals. These children grew up in families that were not really theirs. What happens when they reach adulthood and find out the truth? They could discover that parents and siblings they grew up thinking were biologically theirs really were not.What then, I wonder?

A couple of years ago I was asked by someone who had been adopted as a baby to help him find the name of his biological father. Through some searching, I discovered that his great grandfather was my great uncle. Going down the line of generations I found his answer. We are now Facebook friends and I welcome him as a cousin. All he really wanted was the name of his biological father. 

I am thinking that there are so many others out there, dealing with the same circumstances.They just want the truth. My question is, when they get their answers is it fair for them to expect to be included in the new family? I mean, they had a family growing up and now they want another one. Is that fair?

I wonder what our Creator had in mind when he/she allowed such a mix up? I know we all literally came from the same place and are all his children, but seriously, is this fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment