Sunday, September 20, 2020

Making progress


Making progress. The front and end are done, at least the siding is. When that is all finished and painted I need to fork over more money to replace the skirting. When all that is finished it should look like a new house. A few months ago the roof was replaced and before that, most of the carpet. Whew that's a lot of money for someone basically living on Social Security! If it wasn't for the rent my oldest son pays me this would never have been possible. It's good that I have one child that gives a damn.  

I am not terribly happy about what the workers did to my shrubs, but I suppose they will grow back. In the spring I am going to do some planting in the front of the house. It looks pretty bare now. I'm thinking of moving a small dwarf tree from the back yard to the front. Maybe, maybe not.

Following my intuition, which has been knocking at the door to my mind this week, I purchased a NM lottery ticket. I figured why not? I could certainly use the money about now. If I win anything big don't expect me to report back! 

That's my week's progress. Things can only get better from here on.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment