Sunday, February 10, 2019

Checking out the signs

Sometimes I believe my guides work overtime trying to give me guidance. Being born stubborn, I don't always listen to my intuition. The following experience is something that just happened and I am happy that it did.

Several weeks ago I sent an inquiry to the online magazine, Wheel of Life. A friend had encouraged me to contact the editor to see if she would accept me as a writer for the magazine. I sent a copy of my writing for her to consider. I heard nothing back, which I thought was a bit rude. A message from an unknown source kept telling me that I should contact her again and ask what happened. I did and she sent the reply, "This is the first time I have heard from you." She then suggested that I resend my original email. When I realized that something had happened beyond my control my opinion of the magazine and the editor changed.

Her response after reading what I had sent her was, "I think you would be a good fit. We are looking for personal stories." The deadline for the next issue had recently passed, but she extended the date and offered to allow me to submit an article for the upcoming issue. I told her I might have something that I had already written and began looking through my files so see what I could find.

Found it!

Awhile back I had written a little piece about my young grandson and a very special stuffed bear. I did not hesitate to send it to the editor, She read it, liked it and accepted it. I was excited! I just had to make some changes to the first paragraph. Later I was thinking about a Netflix series and I realized that a little stuffed bear was playing a part in the episodes I was currently watching. The series was filmed in Canada and guess where the magazine is published? Coincidence you say? I don't think so!

The signs are always there we just have to get used to checking them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment