Saturday, April 14, 2018

Forgiveness

Today my guide gave me a gentle push into the word forgiveness. Funny how things like that happen when I allow my intuition to lead me. Stay tuned if you like. Since our weather has been so windy the last couple of days I have been hiding out watching Netflix movies. This morning I realized they were all about relationships that involved forgiveness.

The next thing that came to mind was a biblical quote from many years ago. I  had intended to end this post with the quote when I scrolled through my Facebook newsfeed and a friend had just posted the exact quote that was stuck in my mind. So I decided to begin with it as it is no doubt the supreme forgiveness quote.

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.~Jesus, according to Luke 23:34

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attitude of the strong.~Mahatma Gandhi

Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.~Bruce Lee

It's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.~Maya Angelou

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this we are less prone to hate our enemies.~Martin Luther King Jr.

Forgive yourself for your faults and mistakes and move on.~Les Brown.

Forgive your enemies but never forget their names.~John F. Kennedy

Forgiveness is the final form of love.~Reinhold Niebuhr who was also the originator of the Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
 
Have a great day and don't forget to forgive yourself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment