Thursday, April 12, 2018

Fear

Fear is something I have been dealing with for a long time and I am trying to break the habit. I can talk myself into pretty much anything, most of which never happens. What a waste of energy and time that is. I once had a doctor who advised, "Don't worry about things that may never happen". Perhaps I should have listened to him. Yesterday I read on someone's Facebook post that fear is used to control you. The first thing that popped into my mind was the memory of all the years that I attempted to follow the rules of a church to please a mate.

I recently found a mantra that is turning out to be very helpful when I am fearful. It is: I release fear from my subconscious.

Curiosity found me checking out quotes about fear. The following are some of the ones that I liked.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.~Eleanor Roosevelt

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.~Eric Hoffer

Try a thing you haven't done three times. Once to get over the fear of doing it, twice to learn how to do it and third to figure out whether you like it or not.~Virgil Thompson

Do one thing every day that scares you.~Eleanor Roosevelt

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afarid of the light.~Plato

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is to be understood. Now is the time to understand more so that we may fear less. ~Marie Curie

And to leave you with a smile:

I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens. ~Woody Allen


No comments:

Post a Comment