Thursday, August 11, 2016

What's done is done

Driving by the Los Alamitos Middle School, where two of my three children and my youngest grandson spent two years of their lives, came as a shock yesterday. This is what I saw.
I was aware that for the last year there was a new mid school being built right next door to the old one, but I wasn't prepared for the demolition of the old one two days before the new school year. What a mess! This is a view of the front of the new school.
I can imagine the noise and the dust that will be raised as the remains of the old will be carted away. My grandson said he is very happy to be moving on to Grants High School this year as a Freshman. His time spent at the old school will not go down as the best two years of his life. I can imagine him cheering when he saw the remains spread out for the whole town to see.

I wish all the students and teachers in the area a great 2016-2017 school year. As my friend Lois would say onward and upward!


1 comment:

  1. I've discovered over the past few years that every time I drive through a place I used to live or a place I knew well back in the day, I am disappointed at how many buildings have been torn down and demolished. And having grown up on the west coast, I'm also really dismayed at the number of people who now populate the areas I used to frequent and love. I can no longer go back and visit places I once knew - Yosemite, the Redwoods, the wonderful beach towns of California, San Diego, Los Angeles, Sequoia and Kings Canyon - because there are too many freakin' people there! It makes me sad at the same time as it makes me happy that others are discovering what I’ve loved all my life. Yup. Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete