Thursday, July 16, 2015

Connecting the universal dots

I have been making lists of things I need to do or purchase before my hospital stay. The first thing on that list was a short robe. I wanted it to be light weight, long enough to cover what most hospital gowns don't and open down the front. Other than that I had no idea what I was looking for. This morning I was in town taking care of some errands when my intuition kept bugging me to stop by Bealls and see if they might have something. I knew my only other choice was Walmart. That's one of the joys of living in a small town.

Deciding it wasn't going to hurt to check things out I entered Bealls and walked to the small area of the store where robes would be found. It was a disappointing trip as I found nothing suitable.

Walking back to the front of the store I stopped at a 50% off sale rack with odds and ends of apparel. Apparently I had arrived at the exact spot I had been led to locate. This is a picture of what I purchased, Not exactly what I had in mind, but it perfectly met my needs. The fringe is certainly going to get a lot of attention as I stroll around the hospital halls after my surgery.

As I paid for the slightly outrageous item I discovered it was not only 50% off, but the sales clerk added another 40% discount because I choose to use my Bealls credit card. From $36 the price ended up being $11 plus tax. I would say that was a pretty good bargain.

Now here is where my story may be a little hard for some to believe.

Lately I have been thinking a lot about my maternal grandmother who died in July 1984. There are many conversations I would love to have with her, regarding things I was not aware of during the time she was alive. She is really the only one who could answer the questions I now have due to my own enlightenment.

As I was looking at the picture I took of my new robe, the fringe just popped out, and I knew without a doubt who the soul was that had led me to my purchase this morning. I also knew my grandmother has my back in more ways than one.

Shortly before my grandmother's human life ended I had made her a yellow crocheted shawl and it had white fringe as a border. I was told she loved it because I made it for her. My mother's reaction when she saw it was, "Where did THAT THING come from?"

That may give you a clue why my grandmother was closer to me than my mother could ever be.

This ends today's journey of following my intuition and connecting the universal dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment