Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Is bigger better?

Yesterday a very nice mature man joined our group of supervisors at the family center as a volunteer. James actually works in Human Resources at our women's prison and he is big! He is currently in a program that requires 30 hours of community service and he chose us. I had to laugh at his reaction to the gym full of kids yesterday. He offered, "I don't hear this kind of language from the prisoners!" I was happy to know that it wasn't just my opinion that some of these kids are just plain disrespectful and don't appreciate the fact that they have a safe place to go after school. Like me James is also wondering what is wrong with the parents. I am looking forward to the difference this big man is capable of making on the situation. I can't wait to see what happens when he gets his feet wet. In this case I think big just might be better. You go James I'm right behind you!

No comments:

Post a Comment