Monday, September 16, 2013

Practicing to be a squirrel

Over the weekend I went on a cooking spree with the intention of filling up my near empty freezer for the cold months to come. This morning it made me think of a squirrel- minus the fur. So far I cooked up a batch of burritos, green chile stew, chicken, beef stew, crock pot lasagna and for good measure, pumpkin muffins and an apple pie from last year's frozen apples. I have a problem with people who say they don't cook because they live alone. So what! I cook up full recipes, divide the finished product into individual portions and freeze them. It saves a whole lot of money that I might otherwise be tempted to spend eating out and less trips to the grocery store. I guess I could have, might have, been a squirrel in a previous life
Pumpkin muffins, made by mixing a 15 oz can of pumpkin with a box of dry cake mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment