Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A personal spin

This is my first full week of working as a regular part time employee of our family center. Although it is important to know the basic rules of behavior for a supervisor and the kids who are being supervised it is also important to learn to put a personal spin on the job. In a way the kids are fortunate because the four of us in charge range in age from a high school Junior to me (never mind my age!) It didn't take me long to learn to deal with the little problems that come up, based on my own life experiences. I especially enjoy interacting with the younger kids and it seems the feeling is mutual. Most of them know that my own grandson goes to the center and possibly they react to me as an extra grandmother. I don't mind and it gives me an opportunity to put my personal spin on the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment