Friday, May 4, 2012

Nothing ventured nothing gained

Lately I have been trying some new things to improve the quality of my life. So far my efforts seem to be working. First I tapped into a very simple YouTube video for chakra balancing. It is just a matter of focusing on each chakra one by one, flooding it with its appropriate color and on exhaling releasing any negative energy associated with it. I have noticed a huge difference in energy. Even my massage therapist agrees with me.

Next I have been consciously attempting to add more fruits and vegetables to my diet. Oh and drinking more water. I am never going to be a vegetarian, but every little bit helps. A few days ago I obtained a free Kindle book titled, Vegan Breakfast Recipes by Angela Thomas. Some of the things were interesting, but I did not have the ingredients listed. Next stop the grocery store where I fixed most of that problem, except for Nutritional Yeast, which I still cannot find in our little western town.

A lot of the recipes used Tofu, a product I have never cooked with or even tasted to my knowledge. I purchased a package and this morning found a simple recipe to try it out. Tonight I am venturing into new territory. Nothing ventured nothing gained is my new motto. Just in case you would like to follow me here is the recipe.

Tofu Scramble
1/2 # firm Tofu drained and squeezed
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. soy sauce
olive oil as needed
1/4 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup diced potato (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Crumble Tofu in a bowl until it looks like scrambled eggs, add soy sauce and turmeric, set aside. Saute garlic and onion until softened, toss in green pepper, cook until softened. Add Tofu mixture and cook until it resembles scramble eggs, season to taste.

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment