Thursday, May 3, 2012

No thing lasts forever

This is a post script to what I wrote earlier today regarding a funeral. When I left off I stated that I did not go to the cemetery, but planned to visit later in the day for a private goodbye. After coming home, changing to more casual clothes and doing a couple of loads of laundry I did make a trip to our small cemetery. I figured it would be easy to spot a freshly covered grave. New flower arrangements should give it away.

To my surprise, after taking a tour of the grounds I could not find the grave. Feeling just a little stupid and thinking I should have joined the funeral procession when I had a chance. I could almost feel the energy of a spirit laughing at my choice. After awhile I just gave up and changed my direction, deciding to stop by the grave of a young woman I had visited often since her death in 2001.

I walked back and forth where her grave should have been and could not find it. By this time I am thinking, is this some kind of joke? Have the spirits decided to gang up on me? Now I was feeling really stupid and decided to give up my search.

On the walk back to my car I silently asked, "Alright what are you attempting to teach me his time Almighty One?"

The answer came immediately. After all May 3 is the National Day of Prayer according to the minister who conducted the funeral service I had attended earlier.

"No thing lasts forever so you had better appreciate what you have when you have it or it could be gone in the blink of an eye."



No comments:

Post a Comment