Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who Do You Trust?

Trust is an interesting little word that I believe has a lot to do with control. The dictionary says it is reliance on the integrity, ability, surety of a person or thing; confident expectation. Obviously it also has other meanings having to do with money and property.

In my humble opinion the only entity anyone can truly trust is God and in turn our own soul mind, which is eternally connected as one. Anything else is EGO or as Dr. Wayne Dyer has said, “edging out God”.

A lack of trust occurs when someone else does not do what we think they should do. The ego’s desire to control others pops up its ugly head. We are then angry and hurt. How dare that person think without my guidance? It often leads to the elimination of that person from our life, which is not necessarily a negative move.

Recently my daughter had this kind of reaction to something I did. Actually, I believe it was something I wrote in a blog that hit home and she wasn't prepared for the truth. She told me, “I don't trust you”.

My reaction is GOOD! It is about time you grew up and started thinking for yourself and stop relying on others to take care of your problems. It was also a positive sign to me that I have finally arrived at a place where I am free to do, say or write exactly what I choose to, no matter what anyone else thinks.

When I trust and follow my Creator and my soul mind it is impossible to lead anything but a positive life. Who do you trust?

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding." ~Proverbs 3:5

1 comment:

  1. definitely trust in the Lord. That's my ultimate heart's desire. I must say that I even have a hard time letting go of my own mindsets to fully trust the Lord in all things. Trust is a difficult thing. My faith carries me higher by focusing on what He has done and is doing. Some people get hung up on what He hasn't done - and that puts a kink in their trust factor.

    When we remember who He is and Has been - it fortifies my trust and enlarges my faith.

    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete