Monday, November 29, 2021

Answer this

I asked the members of my group, Answer This, a question and I would like to share my answer, The question was, Other than the current pandemic what events have you lived through? This was my answer,

Interesting what sticks out in ones mind. My first newsworthy event was World War II 1939-1945. I was two when it began and eight when it ended. Next was Alaska and Hawaii earning statehood in 1959. Then came the first manned space flight in 1961. The assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963 is something I will never forget. My oldest son was about the same age as John Jr.. The beginning of social media in 1979 changed everyone's life. The last season of MASH in 1983 was viewed by a record number and ended eleven seasons. These are just a few that pop up in my mind.

 Since my 84th birthday is coming up in a few days I thought it was interesting to take a look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment